Saturday At Home

Hmmm ... An interesting turn of events around the house this afternoon. On one side new neighbors moving in, and on the other, a somewhat lengthy conversation with the man who lives next door, thanks to a few fact probing questions. And all I have to say is hubba hubba, even though blonde headed men aren't usually my thing.

Thanks to KC deeming us the welcoming committee, I've had to play nice for the last several minutes - not that I'm not usually a nice sort of person, I'm just not a big fan of constant interruptions. Of which in the past few minutes there have been many ... But I'm still smiling, though it may not last much longer if KC insists of taking everyone for a tour of our house. (Cleaning day being tomorrow ... if you get my drift.)

In fact, now might be an advantageous time to take a trip down to Dad's and jump into the pool since it's one hell of a scorcher today. Beads of sweat are dripping down my face a mile a minute as I sit here baking - with sunscreen - and despite it being a good hair day, the humidity curling my hair up in cute little brown ringlets, I'm ready for a cool dip and the peaceful sound of silence.

And just as I expected, things around here are going to be getting even better. The new neighbor guy just took the resident problem child to task for the loudness of his music. And while I do quite agree that loud music after a certain hour can be annoying, I don't have much of a problem with it in the middle of the afternoon. In fact I'm rather enjoying the song, right along with the kid cranking the volume up and down every few seconds to further prove his overall annoying-ness. Somebody get me some popcorn, I am thoroughly entertained ...

3 comments:

KC said...

Did Martin give you the message that I called?

I wanted you to come over and play today ... But you were too busy playing with everyone else ... How completely rude of you to make plans without me!

Anyhoo, another boring night at home watching QEFTSG on bravo ... Hmmmm ... I wonder when the lesbian version will be coming out.

Coyote Girl said...

Yea Bren - glad to know that you realize that I am watching from afar - designated drivers are such a nifty idea and you still get to have fun.
Stace - who's the problem child? A neighbor? Interesting vacation and interesting that you waited till the end of your vacation to tidy up your space. As fot me, I would have tidied first so I could have enjoyed it during my week at home. Miss you ladies...maybe next time I come up, we can have an honesty night - I'm sure I would be amused (and more than likely) somewhat shocked....

KC said...

Annoying problem child would be the little boy who lives next door, shouts profanities at KC including the infamous "B" word - which KC has been told to ignore - rides his bicycle into parked cars for the pleasure of hearing the sound of metal against metal and occassionally blasts extremely loud music from his windows to annoy anyone within hearing distance. Really quite lovely, one would wonder why his parents let him get away with such behavior, unless you take into account that they never seem to be home ... I suppose you can't really blame the kid for that, although it doesn't make him any less annoying. It just makes you feel bad.

As for cleaning the house later in the week rather than early, it really had no effect on my vacation. The house while not exactly company friendly is not in complete chaos either. If Ed McMahon were to come knocking with a check, you can bet I'd be inviting him in.

Honesty night is going to have to wait until I actually have something to be honest about. I've been too much an upstanding citizen lately. It really is quite depressing. Must work on that ...

Miss you too. Maybe we can do Thanksgiving this year?
Love YD

PS ... Bren will call as soon as the hour becomes reasonable. (Though Livvy has probably already woken your entire house up.)

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs