The Vacation Chronicles, Chapter 4

I am a half baked lobster.

My poor skin has been fried beyond belief, all due to my own stupidity of forgetting to put on sunscreen. And it occurs to me, that I am an idiot. An idiot on fire ...

I suppose this is what I get for volunteering to take all the kids over to Grandpa's house for a swim. My parting gifts, a headache from refereeing pool fights and a third degree sunburn. The story of my life ...

With the kids annoying each other in the other room, I'm hiding out in the dining room, waiting for the clay dragon I made to finish baking in the oven. It's a rather last minute present I made for Jen's birthday - which was yesterday. Thanks to absolutely no one for being kind enough to fill me in ... cough, cough, cough, Amy.

Hopefully Jen will like it. I spent most of the afternoon creating the beast while the kids were having a grand old time splashing each other and carrying on like, well like kids in a pool usually do. I did have to draw the line at the JAWS game though, as Jay was taking it a bit too far. Besides, after listening to him humming away the JAWS theme for ten minutes straight, something had to give. Let's just say it didn't exactly fall under the heading of a difficult decision.

My niece is now begging to stay the night, and KC would like her to stay as well. But between you, me, and anyone else out there who happens to be listening, I think I've put in more than my share of quality Aunty time today, so as soon as I get the dragon done, we'll be on the road to take them home.

Now that they've taken themselves off to trash the upstairs, now seems like a good time ...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs