Normally I Don't Like Shopping...

Mid way through the non-sleep sleepover, the girls are still awake in the living room playing video games and giggling. I too am awake, only for the sole purpose of saying that I don't have to get up at the ass crack of dawn tomorrow to make me regret not yet getting myself to bed. And if that doesn't make any sense, not to worry, I'm not trying to make a lot of it right now anyway.

The girls and I however had a rather fun filled day. We spent the early part of the morning shopping the mall, hunting the clearance racks and having a bit of fun trying on fancy dresses (them, not me) just to be well... Girls.

From there we headed over to the movies and after an hours worth of previews saw "The Nanny Diaries" which wasn't as bad as the critics made it out to be unless you take in the fact that there wasn't all that much a point to it to be made. However as far as movies go, it wasn't one I walked out of wishing I had never walked in.

Back to the mall once more after that, I bought the girls best friend charms when their meager funds brought them up a couple dollars short, and then herded them off to the grocery store where they pleaded and begged (for about one second) to make ice cream sundaes tonight after dinner. Dinner being homemade chicken fettuccine alfredo (minus the addition of anything green such as broccoli) which both of them gobbled up like mini vultures despite the fact that I did honestly treat them to lunch, as well as the snacks we snuck into the theatre.

But I have to admit, the girls were impressed with the sundaes. Then again chocolate peanut butter ice cream with melted peanut butter, Reese's Pieces, whip cream and rainbow sprinkles hardly leaves room for any disappointment...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs