Unexplainably Tired

Something has kicked my ass. Zapped away anything that might have been motivation today, keeping me confined to my couch, leaving me somewhere between wanting desperately to vomit out whatever toxin has invaded my bloodstream and sleep until the dizzy feeling in my head dissipates for the great unknown.

It started last night after KC along with two of her closest friends and I got home from spending an entire day swimming, or more accurately described as freezing in my father's pool. The girls went upstairs to supposedly clean KC's room, a task I've all but given up on at this point, when I felt the first twinge of exhaustion. TV remote in one hand, and my chocolate brown snuggle blanket pulled up to my neck, I stretched my entire five foot frame out on my couch, ready to watch an episode of Survivor Man. And that as they say was that. I was out for the count. Or at least out long enough for the girls to take notice that the TV was up for grabs.

But of course you don't really sleep when you've got that many girls camped out in your living room. And between the laughing, the giggling, and what evidently turned into a Guitar Hero marathon, I caught my sleep in winks rather than in the hours I would have preferred. Which may explain why I'm so out of it today, or at least add to the reason as to why...

And now, now I'm simply waiting for five o'clock to come so I can go collect KC from the friend's house where's she spent the better half of the afternoon. And all I can think is how I'm just too tired to make my way down the stairs, and down to the driveway and into the car and over to get her, just to turn around to get back to where I already am.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs