What is a blog without a mission statement?

I miss your comments. Miss old friends who used to wander by and leave their names with comments of their own to share. I miss the reaching out, the grabbing on, the pulling in. Miss hearing different opinions from every corner of the world. Miss those I got to know well, and those who were simply passing through on their way to somewhere else. I miss them all. Each and every one and wonder, where are they now? How are they now?

I feel as if I own them an apology for running away. One moment I was here and the very next I was gone, missing in a wordless void and an empty page. I gave my gentle readers nothing to come back to. No promise that I'd ever make it back myself ,and slowly - one by one, I lost them all.

But here I am, not quite the way it used to be, and yet trying to reclaim my place here on this page. Hoping that this time I am wiser than I was, that I can share with you what I've learned, that I can speak of the things I've lost, that everything I believe inside my heart still belongs - as I do - on this page without censure, without shame, without fear...

That is my mission statement... This is my mission. This is my life...

Welcome.

6 comments:

navy_john said...

Well, since you have a mission statement...

I have read a bit and it's very interesting.

KC said...

I can't always promise that everything you'll read here with be interesting... But I can promise that I will attempt to not be too boring...

Thanks for the comment. I was fishing for one, and I'm happy for the bite...

: )

Coyote Girl said...

I never left - I checked empty page day after day. I celebrate your return and look forward to seeing where you are going...I'm along for the ride.

KC said...

Anytime Mom, just as long as you don't do that backseat driver thing all the time... ; )

Love you more than peanut butter!
YD

kdb said...

I was paying attention. Still am.

KC said...

Attention to detail is a fine thing... Thanks for hanging in there... And good luck with choosing all the wedding prep...

I think the birches with lights is a keeper...

: )

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs