You said what?

In the however many years I've been at my job, there are certain things I've learned not to ask, and better yet certain things I've learned not to say... Because in my line of work, there are things that can be taken out of context without hardly even trying...

Take my conversation today with my buddy Paul. He calls up, places his order with me in his usual attempt to stump Stacey fashion which has never once worked in the seven years I've known him, moves on to some deranged topic about God knows what, and then comes out with this... "So is it better to be nailed or screwed?"

And seriously what was I supposed to do, not laugh?

And so I did. I laughed for a good minute before Paul finally made enough noise on the other end of the line to remind me he was still there.

"I guess I don't need to ask if you took that the wrong way," he said, knowing perfectly well I had.

"Who me? Never... Not in a million years." I answered. "Although if you really want to know..."

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs