The Big Review

Getting out of bed this morning was difficult. A girl can get used to staying home, and sleeping in every day waking up to the sun shining on her face.

But when my alarm went off this morning, I was ready to get my day started. Eager to be up and about and on my way to work to face my yearly review.

It was like butter.

Walking into the door this morning, a container of orange juice in hand, my fellow co-workers were glad to see I was still among the living. And to be truthful, it was nice to be back in the fold with more than just myself to talk to.

"Princess," a male voice bellowed from down the hall, as I stood there grinning like an idiot.

"Mr. Vice President. It's good to see you," I responded, my voice sounding like that of a throaty bull frog.

"You look like hell Baboushka. What do you say we get your review over and done with now and let you go back home for the day?"

"I think I love you," I said smiling, following him towards my office.

"Get settled in while I grab Mark and Kevin and we'll meet you in the conference room in five."

"You got it."

(5 minutes later)

"You ready Princess?" Jack yelled from across the hall.

"On my way right now," I said opening up the door which had been barely ajar, to a sight I wasn't expecting.

There before me was my General Sales Manager, the Eastern Sales Manager and our illustrious Vice President wearing make shift paper napkins over their faces.

"Which one of you is contagious?" I asked, amused by their warped sense of humor, pretending to be shocked as they all pointed at me.

So I got my raise, got told I've been doing a good job and got sent back to bed.

You know, I'd say today isn't off to such a bad start.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs