So I Am

Phone the press! I am out of hot chocolate ...

One would think that I would have remembered that significant little fact as I was standing in the middle of the grocery store this evening, my arms full to bursting with every beat back a cold product known to man.

Perhaps it was my excitement over the Vicks Vaporub being on sale that caused me to lose sight of my focus. Or perhaps it was the fact that I couldn't feel my toes since - as usual - the ignorant plow guy has opted for the non-plow job, regardless that over a foot and a half of snow has fallen within the past 24 hours. Can you say wet shoes, wet toes?

I know I shouldn't, but I hope he stubs his own bare toasty toes on something really hard and sharp in the very near future.

But I digress ...

I think I realized at some point this morning, that I had completely lost my mind last night. Don't get too excited and think I am going to explain myself on that one, when being cryptic is one of the things I do best. Let's just say that I think now would be a good time to remember how to breathe ... Just breathe.

For those of you who had the pleasure of speaking to me on the phone during the evening of my despair, let me offer my sincerest apologies for being a complete whack job, aka bitch. God created answering machines for a reason. This I have to believe is true.

In other news, I am sore as hell today. Being the literature guru that I am at work, the time finally came for me to actually have to put some of it away. You'd think a girl could get some help, but I tell you chivalry is not alive and well, it's deader than a doornail on a backwoods country door.

However let it not be said that I don't possess a fair amount of girl charm when a situation calls for a tender touch. Within 5 minutes, Doug from next door was my bitch on wheels. But despite the team effort, I handled the next hour on my own ripping open boxes, putting the literature away, making catalogs, and then cleaning up the mess that everyone else had made in the backroom before me.

Still it was nice to have a feeling of accomplishment. It was even nicer to spend the rest of the day looking much busier than I was.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs