I Can't Feel My Throat

I'm so sick of being sick that I want to take myself outside and smack myself around.

This is freaking ridiculous! Almost a week out now and here I am again with my throat feeling like sandpaper and my lungs near to bursting as if I haven't been on antibiotics all week! Which is not even to mention that my right ear is still plugged, so I can neither walk straight or hear most of anything without it sounding like it's 18 miles away. Where I ask is the justice in all this?

Consider my luck. I finally meet a nice guy and then suddenly I'm like a walking advertisement for SARS. A mass of dripping body fluids, unladylike flem and a cough that says back off boy I'm contagious, rather than pucker up, give me a kiss and let's see what those lips of yours can do.

It's downright disappointing. And now that I thought I was feeling better, only to be disappointed by this mornings strange turn of events, Sean himself is suffering from the chills and upon his own admission was self-medicating with a little Nyquil last night. Meanwhile, carrier of the Bubonic Plaque - of which I am - I'm feeling all sorts of guilty for getting Sean sick although he's been nice enough to tell me that I'm not the guilty culprit who did him in. Convincing except for the fact that I know my tongue was in his mouth ... Checking for cavities of course.

Could life be any more frustrating?

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs