Book Smart

Went out and bought another parakeet today. I swear, I am such a nerd sometimes. KC and I went to Barnes and Noble earlier this afternoon, to buy a book about raising parakeets and learned that - according to the author's opinion - it's considered cruel to keep just one.

Parakeets thrive on companionship, said the book, suggesting that where's there is room for one, there should be enough room for two. So Lizzie now has herself a friend, coincidentally named Fitzwilliam. And the relationship seems to be blooming ... Bully for them.

I spoke with an old friend this morning out of blue. Haven't talked to him in almost forever, when suddenly an IM popped up on my screen and there he was. It felt like it had only been a few days since last we spoke, so easily the conversation sailed along. So we chatted away the morning catching up on each other's lives, before I told him I had to bail in order to get my day started. Perhaps we'll speak again ... One never knows.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs