Shame On Me

Another late night, of two late nights right in a row. Funny how you can fall asleep in the strangest most uncomfortable position when you are dead on your feet tired like I was last night. Hence no blog last night ...

When my alarm went off this morning, I wanted to cry. For some reason 6 a.m. always seems to come so damn early lately, that it feels like I've hardly had a wink of sleep at all.

But get up I did, went downstairs grabbed a towel, shuffled back up the stairs and turned the hot water on for my shower, barely adjusting the knobs for cold because my hot water doesn't last that long anyway. Normally a shower perks me right up getting me to get up and go, but today despite copious amounts of early morning caffeine my get up and go had got up and gone. And I for one wasn't looking forward to a day spent at work, falling asleep at my desk between calls.

So I pulled my trump card, grabbed the phone and called into work, putting on my best I don't feel very well at all voice.

"What's wrong with you?" said the voice on the other end of the line.

Not one who happens to excel in the lying department, I decided to go with the simple truth. "It's been a rough morning," I offered up as my excuse, figuring they could come to their own conclusions as to the possible variables for such a statement.

So here I am, playing hookey and not feeling the slightest little bit bad about it. A mental health day, every now and then, is a perfectly logical excuse to take a day off in the middle of the week.

And since it just so happens that KC's bed has arrived, it also makes it a good day to get the last little bit of her room done as a surprise before she comes home from school. After that, I'd say chances are good that there is a nap in my future.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs