Out of Sorts

When my phone rang earlier, I knew just by the sound of my Mother's voice that something somewhere was very wrong.

"You're Grandmother's had a heart attack," her voice whispered. And I sat there numb, pressing the phone against my ear, unable to comprehend what I was hearing.

"Is she ..."

"She's okay," said Mom. "She's in the hospital. Your Uncle Danny is with her. She's had surgery, but she's doing well," she trailed off.

I wanted to be right there with my Mother, to offer her comfort. She sounded so tired, worried ...

"She's going to be okay Mom. She's going to be okay," I said trying to be supportive, "We C*lv*r women, we come from strong stock. Grandma wouldn't let something as little as this bring her down."

And I believe that. Because my Grandmother has already lived through some of the worst this world has to offer. And she's made it. Strong, independent, honest and true ... And they don't come much better.

So if you're out there in the world tonight and reading this, toss up a little prayer to the Lord that Evelyn's doing well.

1 comment:

Seeker said...

The one constant truth in this world is that those we love always end up leaving us. My thoughts are with your family and I hope all is well.

Seeker

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs