Cleanliness is next to ...

My house is a shambles. And I am dreading the thought of wasting a lovely weekend having to stay inside to clean it all up. But since no one else is volunteering, it looks like the bulk of the work will fall on me. (Sigh.)

Moments like this, I wish I had money enough to hire a once a week maid. Someone who would come in and tidy, running the occasional load of wash, while taking the time to move each and every knick knack from its perch in order to dust.

And yet the idea of letting someone in my home with free access to all there is to be found and seen turns my blood cold. After all, my penchant for writing extremely bad poetry and stuffing it into hidey holes about the house, would make this place a virtual gold mine for anyone who wanted to see inside my head. And lord knows at times that can be a truly dark and scary place indeed.

So I'm on my own and even though I know the best time to start is now, morning is just a mere few hours away.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs