Saying Hello to an Old Friend

There are moments in ones life, when it would simply be easier to move on and forget, rather than linger and dwell. And yet I wouldn't trade any of my memories for the world.

You used to laugh and call me a cynical harlot, I used to hang on to your every word. And there were nights when we stayed on the phone forever, just listening to the sound of each other breathing as we fell asleep, phones like pillows against our cheeks.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow," you used to say, and I would say sleepily, that tomorrow was already here and being that it was, wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to say goodbye.

I remember the sound of your laugh, and how you once said that something about me made you feel good about yourself, like no one had ever made you feel before. And I wanted to be the something special in your life. I wanted that in ways that couldn't be measured.

You were my one great friendship and maybe even my greatest love that got away. And even though I look back on the past with a small amount of sadness, my heart will always be glad for having known you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did what you wanted so whats the point?

Anonymous said...

Sometimes things go on in life that one does not discuss

Coyote Girl said...

I don't think this post is about anonymous (akthough I think maybe anonymous thinks so...) but correct me if I'm wrong....I'm remembering a really nice man soemwhere in PA.....

KC said...

I wrote this post for Michael.

I miss you, my friend.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs