When Someone Else Can Say It Better

                I am bombarded yet      I stand

I have been standing all my life in the
direct path of a battery of signals
the most accurately transmitted most
untranslatable language in the universe
I am a galactic cloud so deep   so invo-
luted that a light wave could take 15
years to travel through me      And has
taken   I am an instrument in the shape
of a woman trying to translate pulsations
into images     for the relief of the body
and the reconstruction of the mind.

- Excerpt from Planetarium by Adrienne Rich (1968)







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacey,
I stumbled onto your website when I was looking up info on Camp Glengara. I feel like I know you! I live in Whitesboro and I know you must live somewhere around here too. You could be one of my friends. Really. Anyway- I love to read your daily blog's- admittedly I feel like I am snooping in someone's diary- which is probably why I keep checking back everyday. I haven't read all of your posts- yet- so I am not sure of your history and who "he" is, but hang in there, girl. I cheering for you! Dee

KC said...

Camp Glengara ... It's been a while since I thought of that place. I don't remember much anymore except staying in this weird platform tent thing with four other girls and the way the rain sounded striking against its yellow sides.

Since this is not my official diary - although pretty damn close - feel free to read and come back for more. Hopefully I won't bore you to tears ... chances however are good.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs