The Downfall of a Three Day Weekend

Unlike a cleverly disquised three day weekend, I am actually home on this beautiful Monday with a raging headache and a major case of the sniffles that has yet to let go its tenacious hold. But unlike the past two days, I've finally given into the temptation to sleep the day away and rest like I should have done from the very beginning.

I meant to make soup for dinner, and had in fact taken the chicken out of the freezer to defrost earlier this morning, but waking up just some short time ago, soup seemed to be a pretty big project to start at such an hour. And since nothing else really sounded good, I went for quick, easy and painless, or in other words, a breakfast dinner. So scrambled eggs, rye toast and microwavable bacon it was, topped off with a side of orange juice - no pulp. Quick on time, low on complication ... Maybe I'll make the soup tomorrow.

9 comments:

Amy S. Petrik said...

hey stranger. it's been awhile. hope you are well :) AMY

Orbling said...

More sleep, and rest, and sleep - can KC cook? If not borrow someone who can, and arrange room service. ;)

I was about to start making a curried soup tonight at about 11.30 - I decided against not because of the time, but because I caught side of a box of rice crispies and made a malty version of chocolate rice krispy thingies...

What on earth do you call them...

Net says Americans make Rice Krispie Treats, but they are marshmallow-only versions - I don't use those, think similar, but with chocolate and malt, more crisp.

That reminds me, should've set, must eat some... hmm 3.30am... might as well...

KC said...

Treats! Rice Krispy Treats. Ahhh, I have fond memories and then one not so fond memory. (Brenda, you remember right?)

We were spending the night at LB's house outside in their family camper when we snuck inside for snacks ... And much to our (unfortunate) surprise there was LB's Mom uhhhh wearing stuff she shouldn't have been wearing when her kid had company over. It was horrid! Horrid I tell you!

Anyhoo, back to the snack thing which is the other part of this story ... So LB's Mom had made Treats (woo hoo) but when we cut into them, there were a mess of ants forming a line along the counter and into the container ... Ugh.

Now that was an accidental experience which left me scarred ... Or was it scared?

;)

Orbling said...

Argh, I hate it when insects invade food, as I can't hurt them it's a real pain in the rear. We had ants today in the house a little - it's an old house (123 this year) - so it's holey and has these problems, but not usually as early as this...

Hope my soup put them off.

Now you see, if it was a boy's sleep over the first half of that would've been remembered - but most probably without the word horrid.

KC said...

Trust me when I tell you that horrid was an apt word ...

It still creeps me out.

Orbling said...

Still intrigued - I watch all the horror films anyhow, so it'd probably just be amusing to me, LOL

KC said...

If you don't stop talking about this, I'm going to start talking about hot and steamy showers again ... And that's not including all the other adjectives I can come up with ...

Orbling said...

LOL, duly noted - I'll shut up now.

KC said...

I thought you might see it my way ...

Stacey = 5

Orbling = 0

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs