Stressing About the Time

I've been awake for ten minutes. My eyes still feel like they're half asleep. And on top of all this, I was thoroughly confused when I looked at the clock.

9:42 a.m.

My God, I thought as I clutched the pillow beneath my head while the internal conversation went on. Did the clocks change already? I thought that wasn't happening until Sunday ... Oh my God. What if it is Sunday and I've slept for two days? Just how tired was I anyway? What the heck's going on with the wind? It sounds like a flipping hurricane out there. What if that big tree next to the driveway fell on my car? I think I have collision. Does collision cover trees falling on your car? Maybe I should have read my insurance policy. I suppose I should get out of bed. So much for an early start in KC's room to get it done. I can't believe the cloc ... Wait a minute. The clock couldn't have changed. I'm such an idiot. I would have set the time ahead myself. It's actually 9:42 a.m. I'm a complete moron.

5 comments:

Orbling said...

Ah, but most of the clocks in my house set themselves automatically - so that sort of situation is entirely common here...

Though as it happens at 2am, I'm always up when it occurs and it usually scares the pants off me.. All the clocks start spinning!

Don't you have fully comprehensive insurance? That's the norm here...

KC said...

Spinning clocks would have me shrieking in terror in a Linda Blair moment sort of way ...

I'm not a big fan of clocks, so the only one I have in my house is in my bedroom which requires being set manually.

I probably have full coverage since around here you need that when you have a new vehicle and a car payment. So no worries ... Although today is really quite miserable. Windy, rainy and stormy. A perfect day for house chores.

Orbling said...

Oh, we have quite a few clocks round here... *counts*

....16 :S

Not including watches, cell phones, etc.. which all need setting as well.

Not quite the opening scene from Back To The Future - but we're getting there. ;)

The weather here has been quite clement recently, makes a change.

KC said...

Another rainy day here ... In upstate New York, it is a known fact that it rains far more than it ever shines.

However at the moment, with the melting of far too much snow and the cloudburst of rain that seems to show no sign of letting up, we're all on massive flood warnings.

I really must get out of the lowlands ...

Clocks give me a bit of the heebeejeebees ... Something about more than one striking midnight would probably send me right over the edge.

Orbling said...

Ah, like all truly sensible people, you feel time keenly.

That's wise, it is our greatest arbitor.

You should clear out of the lowlands, the global tide is rising, and not just metaphorically. Certainly wise to keep photos and other perishable keepsakes somewhere waterproof - but not inaccessible, should always be able to be grabbed at a moments notice.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs