Early Bedtime

Just thinking about tomorrow is starting to give me (yet another) headache. I can only imagine that after missing the past two days at work that my voice mail light is blinking with the fury of 10,000 messages, all expecting immediate call backs.

And to make matters worse, I have to get up extra early tomorrow morning, drop KC off at the sitters at the crack of dawn, run into town to drop the kitty cats off at the vet and get to work by 7:30 sharp for a meeting with the time clock.

Have I mentioned that I am so NOT a morning person?

So short post ... I've got some papers I need to look at, forms to fill out, laundry to be washed, dried and folded, dance bags to pack, cat collars to find, and goodness already knows what I've forgotten ... I wonder if I should pack my tooth brush?

Oh and if anyone can think up a handy excuse to get me out of having to go to the going away party for Slug on Thursday night, it would be much appreciated. I can't go out on a work night!!!

8 comments:

Orbling said...

"I'm ill. My child's ill." Foolproof.

All that before 7.30? Ouch. I don't know how you manage it.

Mornings are my favourite time of the day - they are when I'm asleep. ;)

KC said...

If you were close enough to kick, I might have forgotten that I'm a (sort of/kind of) practicing pacifist ... When you're asleep ... Hah! You are a cruel man ... ;)

Don't get me wrong though, I try never to do that much in the morning. I'm really not much of a morning person. I'm a bit of a grump until I'm fully conscious.

I have a feeling I'm not getting out of the get together. I do however plan to make my stay really, really short.

Orbling said...

Sorry. :)

If it makes you feel any better, I only managed to get 3 hours last night, or morning rather 7.30am-10.30am... Oh well, I lucked out and got 9 hours the day before, and have no need to wake tomorrow - hoorah!! :)

I'm my usual self as soon as I wake up, though if I'm really tired my eyes will sting and I get little shakes if I get up too quickly. My minds fine though.

Suppose you have to attend such things, it's only polite isn't it?

KC said...

Let me give you an example of my grouchiness ...

Phone rings, Saturday morning. Groggy with sleep I eye the clock, grab the phone and say ...

"Do you know what time it is?"

On a Saturday this is as close to a hello as you're going to get ... And be warned, if it's not an emergency, there's a good chance I will slam the phone down on you and make you call back at a reasonable hour ... It's been known to happen.

;)

Orbling said...

My extended family has had a policy as long as I can remember that says no calls after 10.30pm and none before 7.30am - unless it's an emergency. So if the phone rings, you know it's important - or someone playing a prank. :S

My mobile and a house phone are right next to my bed, so it's always me that gets it in the night anyhow. Some of my mates think it's fine to call me at 5am...

KC said...

Somone would be seriously regretting their phone usage if they tried that with me ...

5 am!!! What are they NUTS?

Orbling said...

Well there are two good reasons to that...

a) they don't care if they wake me

b) I'm quite often up at that time

Though neither is a good reason if you ask me.

KC said...

a. They would care or they would suffer my wrath ...

b. See "a" ...

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs