The Hamster That Could Have Got Away

Bit of a near disaster this morning as I went into KC's room to pick out her clothes for the day. It took me less than a second to register an open hamster cage door to something akin to a natural disaster. In mere seconds my mind had exhausted a realm of possibilities ... Had she become a late night snack for the cats? Would I ever be able to find her in the black hole that is KC's room? And just how was I going to cope with a Mia being MIA? Hah ... I just realized a play on words ... Who'd a thunk it?

Anyhoo ... It turns out that the hamster, despite the cage being open to freedom, didn't try to hop the fence and make off on her merry way. Big sigh of relief on that one since I didn't have time to mount a search party.

You'd think that after having been out sick for the past two days, I would have returned to earth shattering applause - or something akin to it - instead Terri informed me that I'd conveniently been thrown under the bus by a third party whose fictional name I won't mention. I was none to happy to hear about it, but then again forewarned is forearmed and I pulled together some in my favor evidence to prove the contrary of what was said. Not that it was anything over the top horrible mind you, but something more along the lines of someone trying to blame someone else for coloring outside the lines that they don't bother to color in themselves. If one must point a finger, it would do well to remember that the same finger may be turned back on you. In this case I believe it's the middle finger in the upright position.

But not to dwell on irritating work stuff as I have a strict rule about hashing out work issues when I'm off the clock ... As in not going to do it. Well, not unless they pay me overtime. Except I don't get overtime. And yet I work overtime. I wonder what exactly is the sense of that?

I suppose I have oodles more to mention about a host of other things tonight, but they'll have to keep. I've a couple of emails to attend to, yet more laundry to throw in the dryer, and goodness only knows what else.

4 comments:

Orbling said...

The joys of salaried employment.

The same finger? Sounds exceptionally painful. ;)

You must really be treating that hamster well, get's the opportunity to run for freedom and decides to stay in the comfort it has become accustomed too. ;)

KC said...

Not much joy though there are moments ...

Personally I think the hmaster must be brainless. I would have run for the hills.

Orbling said...

Could just be hugely lazy - I can relate. ;)

KC said...

What the heck is a hmaster? LOL.

Must stop typing in a prone position ...

;)

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs