Welcome to the Nightly News

It's always a good start to a post when you nearly bash your head in prior to starting it. In this case the details are better left unknown unless one is really interested in queer explanations concerning laptops, folding tables and reclining ... Like I said, don't ask.

It's been an interesting two days. So much so that I'm about to do a highlight list rather than blather on into infinity ... (Since I haven't managed to get to bed at a decent hour since the whole time clock change thing (which I've done remarkably well at not mentioning my angst over up until now) I am determined to get to sleep long before the witching hour tonight.)

Onto the highlights ...

A certain body space invader has put in his two week notice at work ... Surely a good thing until one considers that it could be some time before a replacement is found which could mean (insert groan here) working overtime a little bit earlier in the season than any of us expected ...

Had dinner at Dad's last night as ALL of my sisters were actually around to have a family dinner. But it wasn't like the normal festivities that ensue when we're all together. There was no hysterical laughing, no making Jodi snort milk out of her nose, no outpouring of random silliness ... Even I could only muster a half hearted attempt to liven things up a bit with a everyone share something new game around the table. When it got to be my turn, I decided that life as of late was far too boring to tell the truth, so I lied and said I was planning on moving far away to another country because I had won the lottery. Needless to say, the only one who believed me was KC as she put in her country request for places she'd like to move to. Italy and Japan being her two top picks.

After spending an entire day at work being subsequently bored to pieces and wrongly accused of looking at a certain someone's ass every time he ventured into my office, which I might add is the biggest lie ever told because the only reason I would ever look at his ass would be to better gauge my aim at kicking it as hard as possible out of my room ... Anyhoo, from work I drove (the speed limit) to Dad's, stopping fist to fill the tank ($32.95 to be exact) and waited for him to get home with KC from dance class. When he came at me with the strange glint in his eyes asking me if I had any plans I should have known right then and there to tell KC to get in the car and buckle up so we could speed away ... As it is, I of course said that my only plans had been to go home, followed by the most horrible of horrible questions ... Why?

Five minutes later I found myself "fake towing" my father's convertible down to Mack the Mechanic's house with a rope tying the two cars together as my Dad "pretended" not to really be driving his car which has been off the road for the winter ... Needless to say, I felt the need to roll down my window and occasionally shout out a harassing remark about him following too closely with warnings to watch my paint job. Thank goodness is was a short ride. But still, I wouldn't let Mack near a vehicle of mine if you paid me. I swear, for as many times as he "fixed" my old car, something else always went wrong with it a short few days later. Coincidence? I think not. Sabotage? Highly likely ...

Anyhoo ... Judging from the time, my blog limit has been reached for the night and I must get myself to bed post haste.

April is NSAAP month. Make a difference.

9 comments:

Orbling said...

Well I certainly hope you didn't hurt yourself. :S

Towing working cars to a garage where they break your car??

No, all the words on my paper aren't the wrong way round... TV's not going backwards.. Ring is still on my right hand...

OK, we're not in a reversed, backwards universe - so that's mighty weird.

Oh, and Italy out of those two - and not just because it's closer to here. ;)

KC said...

:)

Most weird but true nonetheless. Mack is the world's worst mechanic BUT - and this is why my Dad likes him - he's cheaper than any other guy ... Although as I have pointed out to my Father, in the scheme of things and the number of return visits he's probably spending more by not just taking the car into a better garage to begin with ... Dad however disagrees.

Will have to give the move some thought, although perhaps I should brush up on my Italian since I don't think I could get by just speaking the swear words ... ;)

Perhaps I should consider moving to English speaking countries first.

Unknown said...

Anyone even remotely experienced with smaller company mechanics can relate Stacey, believe me. There are a thousand and one garages in my hometown that can "break your car up real good". I have often wondered about the chances of my car doing a clown car impression on the freeway, after leaving one of these establishments, and leaving me with a chassis and steering wheel only, barreling down the freeway at a rousing 35mph and slowing. Anyhoo, hope all goes well!!!

Orbling said...

False economies. Never a good idea. In general, it seems you pay for what you get.

I think you'd get further than you think with your language skills, though personally I'd have to live in a country where I was fluent in the local language. It's dangerous not to be able to understand what's going on where you live properly. Can you imagine an emergency situation and dealing with phoning ambulances, police, etc...

One of my mates once managed to lose both his back wheels going round a roundabout. And I saw a bus lose it's back axle going over a speed bump once...

KC said...

You do get what you pay for ... As for me, I'll pay a little bit more to be able to trust my mechanic isn't jacking my car the moment I leave the keys in his hand ... That and he takes one day less than forever ...

While most, scratch that, all of my sisters agree with my position on Mack the Mechanic, none of us have been able to convince Dad out of his.

I think I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that I don't lose any important parts on my car ... You boys are scaring me.

;)

Orbling said...

Well the company that made my dad's car just went in to receivership yesterday - so that'll make future repairs harder... He always seems to use poor mechanics. Mind you, round here it's hard to find a decent one.

KC said...

That is going to make things a bit difficult, isn't it?

;)

Orbling said...

Just a tad, it's not cheap anyway, a quick service costs about $800 usually.

Why he can't buy a little cheap car I don't know, always goes for the flashier ones - fancy paying nearly $40k for a car. :|

KC said...

I wonder ... Am I too old to be adopted?

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs