Fever, Runny Nose and Pounding Head

When I track down the evil person who gave me this cold, I am going to kick them severely hard in the shins. I've just spent the past three hours watching my nephew's school play and I've three things to say ... I can't breathe, my ass hurts and I'm still wondering what I'm doing awake when I am somewhere far beyond the word exhausted now.

And to make things worse, I've got to get up early on a Saturday! That's inhumane for God's sake! KC's Dad is picking up KC for a special outing tomorrow despite the fact that he's invading on my weekend,and I'm trying my best to be the better person and practice putting the I really don't want to smile but I'm smiling face that I'll have to plaster on in the morning. Well, at least until he's out of eyesight and then I swear to God I'm giving him the finger and then I just might walk back in the house and say some really mean things followed by a call to Brenda to have her say a few mean things too. Because solidarity is a wonderful thing and if you cannot say mean things about your ex to your best friend than what's the point of saying it at all?

And I'm feeling like saying mean things. He's stepped on my toes. First with putting me in a position where I had to say yes to letting him borrow her on my weekend and two with taking her to the very place that Bren and I have been planning for the past month to take the kids once the weather broke. And on top of all that, I'm going to worry. What if he's not watching her enough? What if he drives like an idiot? What if Martians come down from another planet and beam him up to do weird science experiments on him? Heh ... Okay so maybe I wouldn't have a problem with that last one. But still it's my job to worry and I'll be doing loads of it until he returns her to me Sunday night.

Perhaps I should tag along? Uhhh ... On second thought, scratch that. I'd like to enjoy my weekend, even if I'm going to be sitting here all by myself feeling sad and lonely while watching depressing movies with a box of Kleenex in my hand. Pathetic.

Oh well. At least I know there's one thing a shot of Nyquil can cure.

4 comments:

Orbling said...

I concur with Lily, you get ill far too often, obviously you're over-doing it, but an influx of vitamins would help a lot. Always massively increase your fruit intake if you feel yourself coming down with a cold. That'll smooth it out a bit.

Most importantly sleep, rest, relax - get a good massage, spend a while making an intensely cozy something to lie in and do as little as possible all day - perhaps in front of the telly.

I know you have to worry, but try to do it passively and be thankful for the opportunity to rest. Don't want you wearing out early. ;)

Hope you're feeling better.

KC said...

Vitamin C and Zinc ... And fewer colds? Well you can consider me signed up for that. Thanks for the tip ... Although can I get that promise in writing? ;)


As for getting ill too often, this year has been one of my better years ... Other than being constantly tired, I really haven't gotten all that sick this year. In fact, I thought I was doing pretty good all things considered up until yesterday when the bottom dropped out.

I think it has more to do with my allergies ... I need to go back to the (ugh) Doctor and have her up my dosage or change my prescription.

Oh breathing I miss you so ...

Consider me sleeping, relaxing, resting and wishing for a day of total spa treatment, though I'll save that for when I'm feeling better.

Passively worry? Now that's a funny one. He's taking her a little too close to the border for that, not that I think he's going to try and cross it, but it's those damn falls I worry about and his attention span. Oy ...

Other than that, I'm a bundle of energy, not to worry.

;)

Orbling said...

Vitamin C count should always be kept reasonably high - not so high that it causes stinging somewhere you don't want stinging, but a fairly high daily intake will improve your overall health usually.

Zinc has some surprising benefits. If you take a zinc supplement when you're ill, it's best to stick to zinc gluconate, as the acetate form hasn't been found to be as effective at shifting colds.

Incidently, a lot of people swear by echinacea for reducing colds, everyone but me takes it the moment they think they're going down with something - perks the immune system up a bit.

A lot of people believe that the primary cause of allergies is strange things in your diet, and after that in your general environment - sometimes best to try to cure cause than symptoms. Worth getting checked.

In 9 years has he ever tried to run off with her, got her lost, injured etc? It would not surprise me if he would be just as keen to avoid any of that as you. Oooh, falls - I'd love to see them. :)

Rest well.

KC said...

Well other than a few lack of attention moments, it's been a normal nine years ... I'll let him have that one small inch.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs