And so another day begins ...

I sit here watching the morning news, listening as the local weatherman tells us that we can expect snow showers sometime before this week is over.

Do I really need to say, that I am completely disgusted?

We've had some really nice days lately, and everyone around here was hoping they'd last through the end of October, just because it's a pain in the ass, to take the kids trick or treating when you're trudging through 3 feet of snow.

Another night of bad dreams. But, for a change, none of them lingered around long enough this morning to be remembered, although they did wake me up around 4, just to make sure they got to interrupt my sleep. Cheeky bastards!

Emma is giving me a dirty look.

Evidently she's on to me, and my plans to give her a bath later on this week. You'd think she'd be grateful that I keep her smelling fresh and clean, but a cat's opinion on soap and water is never good. But I'm the boss, so a bath she'll get, though I am sure I'll be rewarded for my services with long scratches of protest.

Before I head out the door this morning, (trumpet fanfare) I think a Top Five List of Things You Never Wanted To Know About Stacey is in order ...

5. Stacey really hopes the "DO NOT CALL" list goes into effect soon, as Stacey had a very hard time saying no and feels bad when hanging up on telemarketers.

4. Stacey, when complaining, constantly (though I don't constantly complain) threatens to write her congressman when things go wrong, even if the problem has nothing to do with any government issue.

3. Stacey won the company 50/50 raffle last week, and gave all the money back to help out a fellow employee, who is in the hospital with cancer. Stacey asked for that information to be kept private, but they still announced it to everybody. Stacey's sister and father thought it was a very stupid move ... Stacey thought it was the right thing to do.

2. Stacey likes to go outside on the back porch in the morning and soak up the silence of the day, before things start to get hectic, so she can have a moment to reflect and think. Stacey does not appreciate morning hunters interrupting her reverie with rifle shots.

1. Stacey is now a published photographer in a local paper, even though she got absolutely no credit for taking the shot. (Another chance for fame and glory, down the drain ...)

And now, hi ho, it's off to work I go.


No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs