It was a good night for bad dreams.

I should know, I've been up since 4 a.m., unable to get back to sleep.

I kept watching the clock, wondering as I did, why the time seemed to crawl by, all these minutes I was awake when I should have been sleeping.

I thought about it, finally coming to the conclusion that just as watched pots don't boil, watched clocks don't move.

It made sense.

But then again, at 4 in the morning, most anything will make sense even if you don't try hard to think about it.

I wonder how tired I will be later. I've already got these huge black circles under my eyes, that no amount of concealer can hope to cover.

I feel like a raccoon on a midnight mission to raid the garbage can.

Can you see me now?

Someone should do a commercial with a raccoon. Their little masked faces make them seem cute, despite the fact that they can be card carrying members of the rabies club.

It's Wednesday today. Middle of the week wish it were Friday day.

Thank goodness.

We're halfway there. Halfway to the weekend. Halfway to sleeping in, relaxing and kicking back in our comfy clothes. Halfway to sipping OJ as we take a bite out of buttered toast, watching Saturday morning cartoons, and the birds outside the window clamoring about the feeder, until the squirrel comes to chase them all away.

Emma has just come to join me, sitting next to the keyboard as I type this in.

She likes to watch my hands. I think she likes the clicking of the keys. It amazes her. Sometimes she likes to claw me as I go, just to keep things interesting, but mostly she sits up here when she wants attention.

It's like having a second child.

Now if only I could teach her how to fetch a paper and go wake KC up for school, instead of watching her as she gives me the get a life lady, I'm a cat not a dog look and I'm not about to let you know that I could really do it all if I tried.

Cats are not stupid.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs