The Heat IS On ...

Well, I may talk tough every now and then, but I cracked today, and broke my cardinal rule, turning on the heat before the first of November.

I guess I needed an excuse.

If it were just me here alone, I could have survived without heat until Novemeber, wearing my winter parka and huddling myself with a massive amount of blankets just to keep warm. But KC said in her wise seven year old wisdom last night, as she sat coloring in the middle of the living room floor, "Mom! Will you just turn on the heat!"

I thought about it for a moment, nickel and dimes rolling about in my head and I couldn't figure out what satisfaction I got out of being an electricity miser. Coming home to a cold, cold, home was more like an incentive to stay longer at work, just to use them for their heat.

Which is not to mention the fact that up until this year, that is the very thing that we have done. Coming home later at night so that we can heat our frozen bodies up somewhere else before nosediving beneath layer upon layer of blankets, just to stay warm.

But KC broke it down for me last night, in a get the picture and stop being cheap Mom sort of way.

Yeah. I suppose seeing your breath indoors should be incentive enough to kick on the heat but sometimes it takes just a little common sense.

And now that I have mine, the heat is staying on ... (Albeit nothing above 65 degrees just yet. There's still a couple of pennies needing to be pinched.)

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs