Happy I accidentally found America day! And what an exciting day it has already started out to be.

For starters, I woke up late. This despite the fact that I did go to bed early last night and made sure to set my alarm for a decent, if still not somewhat early time to wake.

I blame my neighbors.

For the past three nights, I have had to suffer through their preparations to move into a new home. And here I thought packing boxes didn't require taking a sledgehammer to the walls ...

Tired and cranky, I really considered going over and begging on my knees for them to respect some sort of quiet time after a certain hour, but decided my bed was just too damn comfy to leave. Drawing the blankets up over my head, I tried to ignore the big bumps in the night, close my eyes and go to sleep.

But when sleep finally came, it was not the restful, fitful sleep I had been dreaming of.

So of course, when the alarm went off this morning, me in all my wisdom decided to ignore it and go back to sleep. Of course, had I hit the snooze rather than turning it off, I might not be running as late as I am. Writing this blog right now, doesn't help my case much either.

But I don't feel like going to work. Joe left yesterday for some company how to meeting, so it will be just Toni, Doug and I, manning the phones today. There's no doubt in my mind, that it's going to be ugly. Monday's in general usually are ...

And KC didn't come home last night either, which has me feeling a little off. Her Dad asked to keep her longer, since school was closed today and he was off from work. There wasn't much point for me to be saying no, so I said yes.

Hopefully she'll be in a good mood when she comes home tonight, and not too tired from all the fun and excitement she's had over the weekend.

But that remains to be seen.

As for me, consider me gone to work.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs