One moment shouldn't be able to bring you down.

But after a long day at work, the last thing I wanted to come home to, was a lecture from my ex, on what was, and wasn't appropriate for KC to have drawn in school.

Like a deer in the headlights, I tried to imagine what it was that she could have drawn that would get her Father all up in a twist, but it was to no avail.

His answer wasn't what I expected.

According to the assignment they were given in class, the children were instructed to draw a picture of their family. KC's picture consisted of herself, her father, her cousin Jordan, and me.

And because of this, my ex has determined that I am still evidently pining away for him, even though it's been more than 7 years.

My jaw dropped.

How does one take such a ridiculous statement seriously, when the other person really believes that what they are saying is true?

So I told him, nicely of course, to get serious and kept the part about him needing to get over himself to myself. Trust me, being single is a much better alternative then having to be with him.

But he wasn't quite done yet ... (His conscious finally deciding to make a showing, 7 years after the fact.)

He had the audacity, to tell me that he'd understand if I still felt bitter towards his current wife (who at the time we were together was the "Other Woman") ...

I resisted the urge to tell him, "Gee thanks for your permision." But the shock had made me speechless, and unable to tell him that instead of bitterness there was just a contented feeling of nothing at all.

So now I am left wondering, what it is about me, that gives off the impression that I am not over what had to have beem the worst relationship of my entire life.

It makes no sense ... and another thing that makes no sense, is my sister.

Amy has just spent the past 15 minutes, IMing me to death, to share with me her opinion on why I should listen to what she has to say.

First she bitches at me because I never take a chance and now that I've finally took her advice, she thinkgs I'm making a big mistake.

But, I'm tired of being the girl that always plays it safe, waiting for everyone else to make their move, before even beginning to plan mine.

I don't want to wait anymore.

Life is about taking chances, taking risks. It's about saying this is me, this is who I am and you can either take it or leave it, just as long as you've acknowledged that I'm here.

Only fools live their lives, wondering about the what might have beens ...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs