Some people, like my sister Amy, tend to take things the wrong way when something is said, automatically assuming that the message they are receiving, is to back off and keep away from subjects that may be sensitive. When the only thing I really meant to say was, that if you leave a comment, don't hide what is was you wanted to say behind a clever pseudonym. If you're honest enough to say what you feel, you have to be honest enough to be yourself, even if it means finding out you're sister doesn't always appreciate your comments.

I'm in a mood tonight, and so far I think it's a good one.

As I write this, I'm listening to Tori Amos, Scarlets Walk, currently playing track 6, Crazy.

So I let crazy take a spin
and then I let crazy settle in
Kicked off my shoes
shut reason out
he said first let's just unzip your religion down
Heard that you were once temptations girl.


Last night was a fun time. Mike, Doug and I, went down for happy hour after work, and ended up staying for most of the evening.

It's amazing the way we always seem to attract all the yahoos over to our little corner. After playing a round of tunes on the jukebox, none much to the liking of the other patrons, since I had a hankering to hear 50 Cent, a good old boy came sauntering up to our table, complaining over the lack of country music.

Mike seemed to find him incredibly entertaining, mocking him ever so slightly, so as not to be noticeable, that I had to keep kicking him under the table, in the attempt to shut him up.

"What?" he said, turning towards me, an evil grin on his face.

"Knock it off," I hissed between clenched teeth. "before your buddy thinks he's made a new friend and comes to join us for the rest of the evening."

"Oh, he's harmless." Mike laughed. "Relax. Besides don't you see those girls over there? I feel bad for the poor bastard. Their only flirting with him to get free drinks, but by the end of the night, he'll be broke and still going home alone."

"Better him than us." I laughed. "Now go get me a drink."

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs