While You Were Out ...

Sort of taking the weekend off from blogging, keeping myself busy with chores around the house and a book both started and finished yesterday.

Talked to my Mom on the phone for quite a bit, and ended up blowing the secret I had been trying to keep. And since it's out, I might as well share it with the world.

Drum roll please ... I am the proud owner of a brand new Santa Fe 2004. Although if I were being technically correct, I should say I will be the proud owner in about 3 1/2 years or so ...

The reason I was trying to keep it hush hush was to surprise my Mom with an unscheduled Thanksgiving visit. A drive she knows I wouldn't make with the old white jelly bean, considering the desperate condition it was in. Engine light on for six months, muffler close to dragging on the ground, breaks barely working, gas tank leaking, and tires in need of some new treads. Not exactly the picture of safety.

But it's all water under bridge now. My new ride is sweet, sweet, sweet. And all I want to do is drive, drive, drive ...

1 comment:

KC said...

Did I mention something about driving? Filled the tank today and decided that maybe ram-rodding around the neighborhood isn't such a hot idea ... Well, not until the gas prices come down anyways.

Will have to talk to you more about TJ's condition. Can't quite see how they think that is voluntary and all, but I do suppose they are the ones with the medical degrees and I am not. I am however quite talented at backward whistling ... Don't ask, you don't want to know.

Thanks Wood for the congrats ... and since we're passing around the warm and fuzzy comments, good luck with your new cat. I'm under the impression that every household needs at least one, though why have one when you can have two?

Bren ... Talk to you tomorrow. Until then, tell Martin to stick a generic aspirin in his mouth at the location of the toothache. Someone once told me that helps alleviate the pain a little.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs