NaNoWriMo What?

Didn't quite get to the pumpkin carving tonight, but did manage to bake a dozen cookies to take into work tomorrow for Darryl. Darryl - of the does me favors, and doesn't bitch too much about it, but has been bugging me to bake him cookies - foreman from manufacturing. And really, it's the least I can do. The absolute least, although my skills in the kitchen are severely limited when it comes to baking. I am however, very proud to say that for once, I didn't burn a single chocolate chip for my efforts.

On another note ... Did I mention I joined up for the NaNoWriMo thing?

For anyone wondering what that might be, it's quite the simple concept of using the month of November to write a 50,000 word novel, or novella - for those being picky enough to point out that most novels are 60,000 words or greater. And in my case, while I may dream of writing the next best thing to sliced bread, the painful truth of this experiment is just going to be whether or not I can complete the task in the time allowed and the length required.

However, considering the schedule of events planned for November, which includes celebrating my 30th birthday in route to North Carolina to spend the holidays with my Mum (sorry, I just saw the new trailer for Bridget Jone's - my own personal hero) and Stepfather # 2, along with KC and my nephew Jay, I may be pushing my hopes a bit farther ahead of myself than possible. Still it sounds like fun, at least for the present. Though I'm sure when the drivel starts pouring out from my pen, I'm bound to have a change of thoughts on these things.

Desperate Housewives is on, and though I'm ashamed to say I'm hooked, I must go get my fix of crazy, give you all sorts of bad ideas, ladies on TV. Without HBO, it's as close as I can get to never having seen Sex in the City.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs