Money Like Water

After this morning's doctor bill, it's easy to understand why so many pet owners don't take their pets as often as they probably should for checkups. One hundred dollars lighter than I was when I woke up this morning, I'm still in a state of shock over how much money I shelled out for exactly 10 minutes of waiting, 10 minutes of service, and 10 more minutes of waiting.

And it's absolutely incredible that they can look you straight in the eye, and charge you an arm and a leg for something that I am sure is far more affordable than what they've made it out to be. But then again, hasn't this become the American way? Paying far more than should honestly be necessary for services and products that are severely overrated for their price.

Personally, my own healthcare costs have skyrocketed, despite the fact that I hardly ever - unless I'm feeling near death - go to the doctor. Gas is $2.169 per gallon, and unless you're buying out of season, clothes are ridiculously marked up to prices non-comprehensible to the average income earner. And it's one of those jokes that no one finds very funny, when every week 75% of my pay goes more towards trying to keep up with inflation, than it does towards being able to contribute to a personal slush fund, or take a family trip to the movies.

Not that I meant to be political this morning, when up until having to pay the bill, I was planning on coming back home and writing about the cute doctor, with the most remarkable eyes, the color of cold blue ice, and whose left hand was minus a wedding band.

C'est la vie, I suppose.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs