Octavia's Gauntlet

Poor Octavia.

Despite her constant attempts to engage Emma in play, Emma refuses to give in and play nice, opting instead to be mean, constantly growling and hissing whenever the kitten happens to come a little too close.

Funny thing is, after watching them tonight, I think Emma's more scared of Octavia then she'd like to admit. While I was in the kitchen fixing myself a chicken sandwich on rye, Emma perched herself high on a chair, as Octavia looked up at her expectantly from below, and though the kitten couldn't reach her even if she tried, Emma gave me a look so pitiful I almost felt sorry for her. Almost, but not quite. She's going to have to learn to get over it, whether she likes it or not.

Oh lord ... I can't believe I'm blogging about my cats on a Friday night! Shouldn't there be rules about these things?

I was reading the blogger blog earlier and they had a suggestion to ask all readers, what three pictures they'd most like to see posted on NWTLO ... It seems like a clever little idea to open up a door for conversation, so ask away. The worse I can do is ignore you. Completely.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The cabin in the woods...definitely! By the way, if you crate the kitten when you are gone then Emma can approach her when she wants and they can't harm each other. This worked really well for another friend with the same problem.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs