Random Silliness

I learned a valuable lesson today about walking into other people's offices without first checking to see if they've got company ... Lips puckered up in a kissy fish face as if I were gasping for air at the surface, I sort of shocked the hell out of the guy sitting in Shirley's office, who needless to say wasn't prepared to see some strange, wacky woman - that would be me - pretending she was finding Nemo underwater.

Embarrassed, and yet unable to return my lips to their normal upright position, I made quick work of grabbing my paperwork and getting out of there before my face had a chance to get any redder than it already was, as I once again proved myself to be the resident office idiot.

Which isn't to say that I really learned my lesson today at all, as I was back to normal, singing West Side Story in the hallway after lunch, sticking my tongue out at the receptionist and spending a good five minutes whacking Linda in the arm, just to prove how annoying I could be for absolutely no reason at all. I did however refrain from attempting to put any more kick me signs on posty notes (left sticky side up) on people's chairs ... And I tell you, you'd be surprised by how many people don't look before they sit. Geesh!

After that, I spent most of the afternoon having a Bridget Jones meets Daniel Cleaver moment, with a flurry of flirtatious emails, that for all intents and purposes were as harmless and they were hilarious. Which would also explain why I was laughing so much and why "Dirk" felt completely ignored when he called and vainly tried to pry my attention away long enough for me to actually help him out with a customers order.

Ah well, KC is awaiting her snack and I'm about to go waste an hour of my life watching reality TV. Until sooner rather than later, Stacey is over and out.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs