It's Been a While, But ...

Happy French Toast Day! Or to be more politically correct and precise, Happy Pancake Day, as KC has requested the latter and not the former.

I am in much better spirits this morning. Perhaps it's due to all the wonderful people out there who took the time out of their own lives to say (in a nutshell) that just because someone decided to rain on my parade, I don't need to feel as if I'm stuck outside without an umbrella.

And this is what I love about the blogging world. The way it can connect one person to another, through space, time and distance, as if they are a friend who can say at any given moment, "Come on over for coffee, I'm just next door." Kind of like Motel 6, you know the commercial, they'll leave the light on ...

So thank you, all of you, for turning on the lights and chasing out the dark.

2 comments:

Coyote Girl said...

Ever onward, MDD...through the slings and arrows and all that... Still waiting for an update on the bereavement visit and waiting to hear the sweet voice of KC. Will try to call you this afternoon when I am out and about running errands. (hey - how 'bout them Yankees?!!!) You have an interesting array of readers/fans including me of course!

KC said...

Went over to DC's yesterday, and stayed for a few hours visiting. Although much time was spent talking about the history channel and the show he was watching rather than anything of great importance, which made me feel pretty sad that we don't have a lot to discuss anymore.

He was however happy to see me, as I was him. And if I had to guess, I'd probably say that we were both taking care with walking on eggshells. I just wish there was an easier way to not feeling so awkward around him.

Funny isn't it, how enough water under the bridge of time came make you feel more isolated in what once was and used to be, instead of the here and now? I'm trying to get my arms around that, but it's not so easy.

Sometimes this great big ball of hurt I've kept guarded for all these years unravels and leaves me breathless. And though it seems like such an easy answer to change the things I can, and accept the things I cannot, all I see is a chasm to deep and wide to cross, and so I choose nothing over something, as if that makes any sense at all.

Can anyone understand?

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs