Happy Halloween

Okay. So I'm more than a little miffed right now considering that KC only got home a few moments ago from her I'll have her home early trick or treating outing with her father. Sarcasm not withstanding over his inappropriate misuse of the word early.

I didn't however lose my cool as I sat waiting on the couch, eyeing the clock every few minutes. Figuring as the seconds ticked away, that my compounding the situation wouldn't change the fact that it was already an hour past KC's bedtime. And bitch session, or no bitch session was going to change anything in that regard, though I'm sure I would have enjoyed throwing a few stinging barbs in his direction, out of KC's ear shot of course. (Sigh ... Acting like a grown up certainly sucks sometimes.)

I did however regret my earlier decision not to go next door to watch movies with my neighbors, one of which is very male, very single, and sleeps on the other side of my bedroom wall each and every night. And just because I know how these things work, I bet anything it would have been a scarey - I'm going to need you to hold me - sort of movie, to celebrate Halloween. In other words, my loss.

But since I'm home, I think I'll be somewhat productive, finishing the last bit of laundry before popping upstairs to bed for an early start tomorrow.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs