Times, They Are a Changing

Woke up this morning thoroughly confused as to what time it could really be and wondered for a good half hour if maybe my alarm clock, the preview guide channel and the morning news had all managed to get the time wrong too. And as I came to realize in my ever infinite wisdom, I managed to set my clock back not once, but twice ... Which actually turned out well, considering I slept through the first hour of my alarm chiming off in fifteen minute intervals as I kept pressing the snooze button.

KC fell asleep exhausted last night, and didn't even give me a bit of trouble about heading straight to bed from getting home. I think the poor thing was plain tuckered out, and since Daddy Dearest didn't allow her to bring her candy home (for what dumb reason I don't know) I didn't have to deal with a massive sugar high. Though I do think it is a bit stupid of him to only allow her to eat her treats at his house, where she will surely gorge herself silly, knowing she cannot bring it home, the next time that she is there. Oh well, he's an ass and there's not much that is going to change that. I just wish his ass-ishness didn't also carry over to Christmas. There's no reason why she couldn't bring some of her gifts home to play with, while leaving some of them at his house as well. But like Halloween, that just doesn't happen. I guess I was just lucky when I was her age, my father at least understood that presents given to me, were my choice as to where to keep them.

In other news, my Mom sent me a cute email this morning. A bit of which - and I hope she won't mind - I want to share with you all this morning.

Went to a political rally Friday night-heard John Edwards, Mrs. Edwards and their daughter, Kate. Spoke with a bunch of college kids for Kerry-they are very optimistic about Tuesday. The rally was great except I thought my feet were going to fall off - stood for hours on a cement floor, but was only about 10 feet from the stage. Jon Bovi performed at the rally (an acoustic set) and let me just say, he can really sing, he looks great in Levi jeans (I could read the little tag on his backpocket-that's how close I was), he has absolutely beautiful teeth and a great smile.

The Jon Bovi reference gave me a bit of a giggle this morning, so much so in fact, that I almost don't have the heart to tell her that it's Jon Bon Jovi. Though I do quite agree with the Levi comment as well as the pearly whites ...

It is however time to motivate for work. To all of you in the great big blue out there, have a fantabulous day!

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs