Cat Times Two

Hair held back with one of KC's plastic headbands and a face painted white with Noxema, I am the ultimate girl about home tonight. And at the moment, I've also got a small black kitten attached to the bottom of my foot, where she has happily taken to biting my toes every few seconds, enjoying my frantic knee jerk response as I try to pry her off.

For a moment, I almost feel bad for Emma, realizing what life must be like for her everyday when KC and I hustle off to work and school, leaving her alone with Octavia whom we more commonly refer to as "Trouble". And she is trouble.

Just yesterday I caught her sliding down the banister, hiding in the laundry hamper, swinging from the broomstick angel, dipping her paws into the fish tank, and swan diving from the table directly on top of an unsuspecting Emma, and all this within the space of 10 minutes - swear to God.

And she's driving us all nuts. Even poor KC who came into my bedroom yesterday morning, complaining that Octavia had woken her up by repeatedly nudging against her face with her paws in a desperate attempt to play at almost 5 in the morning.

Still it's hard not to love the little ball of fluff, even despite the fact that she thinks she's a press on the window Garfield attachment whenever I forget and leave the front screen door open. And even harder still when she gets tired of being such a pain in the ass and crawls into your lap for a cuddle, where she promptly falls asleep and appears almost angelic, except for the fact that you know better having seen her in action.

But it wouldn't be home without her now. And I think even Emma would agree.

1 comment:

KC said...

Poor Tyler. It must have been a hard day for the little guy. Death is a hard thing for a kid his age to cope with.

I can't say however that I'm sad that you didn't run into Jason. He doesn't deserve to be in the same room with that boy, let alone the same state. And to tell you the truth, I hope Tyler never has to meet that giant piece of shit.

As for him being engaged again, it's hard to imagine there are that many stupid women in the world to give him a chance after hearing about his history. You'd think after fathering 3 kids and abandoning them all, women would slam the door in his face and be thankful to be spared the heartache.

As for O and V, I'd put them right in the same boat as Jason. Not worth your time or Tylers. He's too great a kid to be wasted on pathetic excuses for human beings.

But enough typing, I'm calling.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs