So Sleepy

And so we made it, none the worse for wear though a bit tired after a long trek and one wrong turn at the very end, thanks to Mom's mistake in specifying a left when it should have been a right.

Amazingly enough, I remained calm and confident in crisis, pulling the vehicle back around (after recognizing downtown Robbins) and made my way back to where I should have gone right in the first place. All in all, it was a 10 minute error quickly fixed and I was quite impressed to have come through it so well without any melodrama or a sudden burst of panic induced tears.

Hmmm ... Perhaps I've gained some wisdom now that I am the venerable age of thirty ... And then again, maybe not.

Thanks to all of you out there who sent your well wishes for both my trip and my own personal holiday. I appreciate every one of them, and every one of you for taking the time to write it down and send out your support. Now if only you'd all send money ... Gas is expensive!

With my eyes burning a hole in my head, I'm about to douse the lights and call it a night. I'm beat, both physically and emotionally. And it's funny, I never seem to realize just how much I miss having my Mom around on a daily basis, until we're back together.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs