Election Day

If ever there was a day that could change the course of history, then today is it. And I for one, will be making sure to get myself to my local polling place and cast my vote for our future, and what I hope will be our new President. And I suppose I'm also really looking forward to the end of all the political propaganda that has been infiltrating every media facet known to man these past six months. To not see a political advertisement on the tele will be like heaven.

Another long day scheduled at work today. I left quite a stack on my desk last night to go home on time. I did however manage to talk my boss into letting Toni and I take a comp day in the near future for having spent our entire day at work Saturday. And as it turns out, he was quite unhappy that Toni and I - both salary - were made to stay the entire time, while hourly's were let out to leave hours and hours before. Especially when he thought that we would have been out of there by noon. This of course prompting a rash of CDS's. Also known as Closed Door Syndrome.

Still I'm happy to at least be walking away with a comp day. Especially since I think I'm going to use it to leave a 1/2 day earlier for my vacation, and my drive to North Carolina. Besides, I'm not exactly looking forward to spending my entire birthday driving in a car. It's kind of hard to open presents that way ...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs