Sad Goodbyes

A bit melancholy tonight with tomorrow's impending departure despite the fact that it seems far too soon to be leaving. And though it seems like I just pulled into the driveway, I've spent the last hour packing bags and loading up the car in readiness to be on the road long before the sun comes up in this Southern sky.

I've also decided to drive straight through. No motel stops, no overnights, just second star to the right and staight on to home. But funny in a sad hollow sort of way, that even as I plan on going home, I feel as if I'm leaving it just the same.

And so now I've brought myself to tears, with a stinging ache stuck at the back of my throat, as I try to stay quiet so that no one else will hear. And I think so myself, it always hurts like hell to leave.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs