Self Setting Alarm Clocks

Broke my own personal record of stupid moves this morning, after realizing I'd manage to sleep in as if it were Saturday. Evidently my cleaning binge and secret love affair with Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser last night, left me so exhausted that I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Waking up with way too much sunlight streaming in my bedroom window, it was fairly obvious that I was already late for work. Turning my head slowly and with just one eye open to gauge the time, I couldn't help but emit an evil laugh, as I realized just how late it was.

Grabbing the phone, I quickly dialed the job and was further confused when Joe answered the line rather than one of the receptionists. Tired, confused and dealing with a major rush of holy shit I'm late, I proceeded to tell Joe what was going on, to which he responded, "Who's this?"

"It's either your worst nightmare or Stacey," I said, "Take your pick, but remember I have a long memory."

Explaining once again, and this time slower as to be understood, I told him I would get there as soon as possible. And I did, 45 minutes later.

Lucky for me, I have a very understanding boss who understands my special needs. Or at least likes me well enough to overlook my early morning issues, or issues in general - of which I have many. Email me, I'll tell you them all.

Despite all this, and the constant ribbing I got all day long whenever someone had the opportunity to find a way to mock my lateness, the day went extremely well. So well in fact, that I think I'll go back tomorrow, this time on time.

That being said, I better get my ass to bed before I make a liar out of myself. Until we meet again, this is Stacey over and out.

2 comments:

Ron Simpson said...

This just goes to further prove that nothing good can come from a good cleaning.
I completely understand being a 'special needs' case. I work contruction as an electrician on the occasions that I do work. It is generally an 'early bird and worm' kinda job. I never was one of this bright eyed and bushy tailed individuals you meet and immediately want to strangle. I recall one job (a $68 million library) where they never considered that I wasnt coming in until it was after 9. Any time between starting time at 7 and break at 9 was the proper time for me to appear. Of course, this particular job was while my 20 yr marriage was in the throes of dying with a lotta stumbling and staggering like a 'B' movie queen trying to attract the attention of Cecile B DeMille. It is funny that when I am working second or third shift, I am never late. It is just a morning thing.
Ironic also is the fact that I wake up most mornings around 4 and get online for a few minutes or hours and then go back to bed until time to get the kids up for school. I have no clue as to how a dirty bathroom and the fumes from a fresh bottle of Mr. Clean might affect that routine, but I am not willing to chance it.

KC said...

I am so far removed from being a morning person, I swear that when I wake up on the wrong side of the bed, I'm really on the wrong side of the hemisphere.

However, I guess I can say there was a lesson learned by all this. Midnight cleaning is for the birds.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs