Rainy Tuesday

Outside a cold, wet blanket of fog stretches lazily across the lake and though I hoped to spend a quiet morning alone with my observations and a gentle rain falling, the early hour of the day was not enough to inspire others to linger in their beds, and out of my seriously bedridden hair.

Crinkling a plastic bag, KC stands in the kitchen on step stool, pouring not one, but two different kinds of cereals into the same bowl. A practice not normally performed at home, but seemingly a good idea while at Grandma's.

Mother meanwhile is cleaning up the kitchen once again, like a rare addiction to Windex and the Queen of Clean. It should be noted however that her house is far more organized then mine could ever dream of being, leaving me not much room to talk as procrastination is usually the name of my game.

Proclaiming today a day of rest, and quite rightly so since my legs are still on fire from yesterday's outing, I'm all for having a lazy, do nothing day today. My Mother however thinks it's a good time to do the laundry, proving once again how different we sometimes think.

Despite my lameness, I wouldn't have missed our trip to North Carolina's Zoological Park. An impressive place to be sure and one filled with gloriously wild animals in habitats crafted to closely resemble their native homes. Between the four of us who went, it was quickly decided that among our favorites, the following animals had stolen our hearts: a playful polar bear eating apples, sea lions gracefully performing an underwater ballet, long legged giraffes nimbly nibbling at the trees, and two small and very playful lion cubs tumbling over each other in their quest to rob a fallen tree branch from the other. In a word, it was all just positively wonderful.

More from me later ... Breakfast calls.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs