Whomp ... There It Is

If you're judging from the title, that I did indeed watch a little bit of VH1's awesomely bad, and certainly won't get you into the mood songs this weekend, you'd be absolutely correct. Not that I ever found out which song made it to number one, as my station was changed out for the cartoon network the minute KC got home and located the remote, much to my dismay. Though I suppose it's not a big worry considering that I'm sure it will re-air again, and again, and again.

So I have to admit to a little bit of bad behavior from this weekend, aside from the rude woman at the grocery, and the chooney (or better said as cute or sweet) little shopping cart clerk, who helped load my groceries in the car because as he said, 'I know you don't want to be out here in this nasty weather, anymore than I want to be out here.' with his yellow rain parka blowing in the cold October wind, and the rain pelting against our faces.

Brenda and I took a small amount of time this weekend to run to the store and do a little light Christmas shopping. Although I am proud to say that I actually browsed for once in my life, without purchasing a single thing. Not that I couldn't find anything to buy, because I probably could have come out with two handfuls without even trying. I did however keep repeating my new mantra as one item and then another begged me from the shelves to take them home. It went a little something like this ... 'I have a car payment. I have a car payment. I have a car payment.' Oh, you get the point.

Anyhow this isn't the bad behavior I was really talking about. I'm talking about the behavior that proceeded the shopping trip itself. The behavior that made me look over at Brenda as she sat in the front seat of my new vehicle for the very first time, that made me say, 'Feel like doing a drive-by?'

Right away you should know, it's not that type of drive-by you were initially thinking. It was - and this is where I should be very ashamed to admit of myself - the kind of drive-by where you just happen to be in the same neighborhood as a former flame, and you just happen to drive by his house, as you just happen to drive as slowly as possible to just happen to catch a glimpse of him living his life without you.

Okay, so it was WAY childish and I should WAY regret such silly actions, considering that next month I will be turning the venerable age of thirty. And really, if I were to think about it, I should know better. But you know, when you break up with a person, it's hard to imagine that they didn't feel some of the same feelings you did upon your departure. In this specific case, it wasn't so much about feeling like I'd lost the love of my life, it was more like feeling that I'd been taken for a long ride around the block of get your hopes up and watch them come crashing down-ville.

Needless to say, he wasn't standing on his porch to see me passing by, though his car was parked on the street and his front door was swinging wide open in the wind. Which probably is a good thing, considering that I would have probably died of embarrassment of having been caught should he have seen me. So I'm letting this be a lesson to myself, to not pull such a cheesy maneuver again that in two words, is both pointless and regrettable.

Meanwhile, I'll just have to hope that the man of which I am speaking, has finally given up on reading this blog on a daily basis. Otherwise my secret is going to be out, and he'll probably be pissed that I still have something to say.

Oh well. It's off to work I go.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs