Tavi the Terrible

There's nothing worse than the sound of an alarm clock when it feels like you haven't gotten enough sleep. When the damn thing went off this morning, I felt like crying "No, not yet. It cannot be." Instead I reached out from beneath the covers, displacing the sinister kitten from her comfy spot and tapped around in search of the snooze button.

Rewarded by the sound of silence, I pulled my blankets back up around my neck and settled my head back against my pillow, sighing in relief as my eyes shut once more to blessed darkness. But sleep was not to return. Instead the earlier referred to sinister ball of black fluff - now decidely awake and pressed against my shoulder - began her abandoned kitten routine.

Nuzzling her face against mine, she treated me to a gentle face lick, and then proceeded to claw the hell out of my shoulder, as her tiny little paws pressed up and down like a baby intent on nursing.

Not exactly at my best first thing in the morning, I shoved her off muttering four letters words as I did. "Jesus Octavia," note to self that her name is really only Octavia and the use of the Lord's name in vain was badly done of me, "You're worse than the G. Damn alarm clock!"

Unfettered and without a seconds hesitation, despite a second shove from yours truly, Tavi resumed her plan of attack, this time deciding my hand was a chew toy.
"For the love of Go ... Monkeys!" I shouted. "I'm getting up you little pain in the ass!"

And I did. Swinging my legs over the side of the bed - it should be noted that my doing so never results in my legs actually touching the floor - and hopping down, I Helen Keller'ed my way through the darkness and into the bathroom, shutting the door quickly behind me before Cat-tankerous could follow me in. " Blessed peace," I thought to myself, as I turned the water on in the shower and stepped in, turning once to look back at the door where a little black paw playfully swiped at the throw rug within its reach.

1 comment:

Orbling said...

Our furry friends make wonderful alarm clocks, but only when you actually need to get up. I've yet to find a cat that performs snooze functions for anyone other than themselves. ;)

This reminded me of something another blogger reported her boy as saying to the alarm clock...

"Sleep, not beep! Sleep, not beep!" LOL - definitely the call of alarm haters the world over.

I try not to use the wretched things.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs