This Side Up

Before I get to pointing out some of the new features around the blog, I'd like to take a moment and offer my thanks to all of you kind enough to leave me a comment today. I needed a pick me up, and thanks to all of you, I'll sleep a little bit more soundly tonight and hopefully better than last night.

Between KC not feeling well and Dr. Mom induced insomnia, sleep wasn't exactly my best friend last night. In fact when my alarm went off at 5 a.m. I made the (un)conscious decision to call work and let them know I wouldn't be in. Unfortunately Octavia (the kitten from hell) is worse than any alarm clock known to man and did her usual licking of the face and clawing of the shoulder until I finally roused myself from the bed, and stumbled my way down the stairs with both cats underfoot and running for their food dish.

KC however slept like a baby, after hours and hours of tossing, turning, coughing and sniffling through the night. My poor babe.

So we stayed home all day, watched SpongeBob SquarePants on the tele, ate Pastina for lunch, and placed wagers on which one of us was feeling worse than the other. I let her win, of course.

But other than almost suffering from a near nervous breakdown, I did manage to do some constructive blog related things today. The first being the wonderful how I'm feeling icon on the sidebar I've seen so many sporting on their own pages, followed by the "Read Me Disclaimer" that I found thanks to another blogger's page. (If I remembered where I saw this, I would give them credit for pointing me in the right direction. However I hope my thanks will suffice.) Along with that, I disabled anonymous content to the blog. Originally this is something I didn't want to do, but I've determined that it's the safest course of action to prevent being someone's blog hostage in future postings.

But the absolute best thing I managed to do today was track down a certain individuals ISP address which allowed me to permanently block her from this page. Now I can only hope that I've banned the right person. (Although I'm 99.9% positive that I did.)

As for now, I can only keep my fingers crossed and wish you all the sweetest of dreams as I sign off for the night in preference of my pillow.

5 comments:

L said...

Happy to see you didn't ban me (on accident, of course)!

Glad you are feeling better - hope the little one is too.

Keep writing what your heart desires. As you said - no one HAS to read the words.

KC said...

Happy to see I didn't ban you as well ... :)

My pen runneth over ...

TammyJ said...

Stacey.. I am Ron's wife.. we both enjoy your blog so much.. I am a bit of a writer too.. My ex husband kept me from writing for the better part of 10 years he didn't understand the need .. the desire .. the have to.. the words were still there.. they were screaming in my head to get out.. don't ever let anyone stop you from writing.. it is like letting someone stop you from breathing... Personally .. I love your blog.. it is a comfort to know that my everyday life is pretty much normal and there is someone out there that doesn't mind sharing everyday life with us.. you have a lot of talent.. and a lot of spunk.. as a single mom.. you have to have those and a whole lotta humor.. i was there myself with 4 kids.. take care of you and let those that don't get it.. just keep not getting it.. takes too much energy to explain it to them..

Amy S. Petrik said...

what is it with all the recent fuckwits coming out of the wood work to bitch and moan about what we put on our websites? i agree with chloe. and thanks for posting your two cents on my blog today. holy moly. im so glad your sis and my sis are so perfect. they never screw up and they never will. eat shit. sorry! i just had to say that. hang in there sister. we love you and enjoy what you have to say. hugs, inky

KC said...

Things have quieted down from the mess I dealt with earlier this week, though they are far from being fixed. As for plans on dealing with my sister, I have none. Right now the best thing for me to do, is to leave well enough alone and stay as far away from the drama as I can.

But I do want to say something about my Dad. As much as my Dad doesn't get me sometimes, he is a wonderful Dad. The unfortunate thing about this whole thing is that he got drawn into the middle of something that really didn't require his involvement. It wasn't fair of my sister to do that to him. That being said, I love my Dad tons, even though he doesn't always get me.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs