Trains, Planes and School Delays

Frogging heck!

The list of school closings is scrolling across the bottom of my screen and KC's school is on a delay ... (It's just a little freezing rain for goodness sake, not a white out!) Which means one of two things ... Either those bastards are going to close after I've already dropped her to the sitters and waste me some serious cash today OR they're not going to close and she's going to be wherever else I take her and miss school.

I'm writing a letter of complaint!

Indecisiveness this early in the morning does not work for my schedule! Make up your damn minds!

What to do? What to do?

3 comments:

Reama said...

Stacey, I agree! That used to make me crazy growing up. I was old enough to stay home by myself when I started caring if school was closed or not.
Of course if I'm going to get to stay home and sleep in, I don't want to change out of my PJs and I want to get back to my bed asap. They didn't care.
Communists.

KC said...

The outcome ...

She had school and I was an hour late for work.

Thank goodness for understanding bosses and the fact that I'm salary. (Although you don't catch me saying that too much about the salary thing when I'm pulling massive overtime in the busy season.)

Orbling said...

These TV shows showing school closures are completely unheard of in this country. Schools only make unplanned closures if something serious happens, snow almost never shuts it. The only reasons I've ever had a closure are the boilers have broken down, and the school is freezing, flooding has destroyed a heap of classrooms - and none of the staff can make it in due to exceptionally bad weather. The latter I only saw once in 17 years of school.

Oh I forgot strikes, but they are planned in advance. ;)

They should never mess parents about though, that's just cruel.

When you are salaried, you are a professional. Then you cease to have hours, and only have a job, which is done when it's done. At least that's the theory. All swings and roundabouts.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs