Bring On the Blog Patrol

I was feeling quite well earlier and now for some unknown reason feel all twisted up inside, quite like a dull pain that settles in your stomach as it gradually builds to intolerable. And even though I know it can't be true, even I have to admit I find myself wondering whether or not my own cooking has done me in. Hence the reason why I've been making up new song lyrics to Tainted Love for the past twenty or so minutes ... Except it goes something like this, "Oh tainted chicken."

Now that you all know where I'm coming from here, I'm sure you'll all be very generous and understanding when you realize the rest of this post is yet another one of my famous Stacey sent emails.

I sent this earlier to a fellow blogger/friend - who shall remain linkless, as I believe this is the way he would prefer it - who has as of late been a little lax on his posting ... A bit rude of me, I know ... But really. A blog is like a child, you cannot give birth to it and then ignore it! It depends on you. (Tim, this goes for yours too ... But I'm being too polite to mention it right now. Oh and Orbling, last update on December 31 ... I'm not the Blog Patrol, but really! Can I even begin to tell you the heartbreak I go through every day when I check your blogs and they're not (gasp) updated! And Mom. Mom who thought I'd forget about her Abandon-a-Blog routine. I'm disappointed. Such a fine writer not writing is a shame. What has this world come to.)

Okay ... Stepping down from the soapbox, trying to maintain an innocent, I didn't just say all that appearance. On to the email ...

From: Stacey
Sent: Monday, 1/10/2005 6:29:06 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: Andrew
Subject: Lack of Gravity


Dear Andrew,

I'm running out of things to read with my cup of cocoa in the morning before going to work. And because I know you (don't) care about this, I'm hoping to guilt you into blogging something (anything really, I'm not picky) in the near future for me to read. Think of it as your civic duty, or increasing your good karma, or just making one small, insignificant girl happy. No, I don't know who she is either, but just think of that happy smile she'd get on her poor, pathetic face if you would only blog with some consistent frequency.

That being said, I hope your New Year's went well and that you are not ignoring the shark alarm warning as sharks have been known to bite more than once in the same place. They're not like lightning you know ... And really, adrenaline rush? I can't even bring myself to comment on that. My kind of rush is watching the Discovery Channel for the duration of shark week and then toe testing the water of the local pool to make sure there's nothing but chlorine in it ... And even then, I'm always on the look out for UDF's ... Unidentified Dorsal Fins ... I've seen Jaws, I know how they work!

Anyhoo, write something ... Even if it's only your grocery list, to do list, take over the world list, people you'd like to maim after a meeting list ... You get the point.

Until then I'll just be here ... Waiting. (And not patiently mind you.)

Stacey

PS ... If you haven't smiled by now, you're missing the whole point of this email.
______________

From: Andrew
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 10:29 AM
To: Stacey
Subject: RE: Lack of Gravity

I laughed out loud. I will blog today just for you.

New years was very gentle...

Andrew

6 comments:

KC said...

I'm gonna have to think about that ... I'll get back to ya. Heh, heh, heh ...

Orbling said...

:$

A thousand apologies for not blogging recently.

The plague or something similar swept through my house and we've all been doing our best impressions based on the following character definition: "would happily die, if I could stop being sick long enough to do so".

This is also why my comments have been lacking, missing other peoples' posts is far worse than not posting myself. ;)

Feeling better now, but amazingly busy because of lost time, so I must beg your pardon while I catch up with myself. :)

Soon to return.

Unknown said...

Alright already, I'm posting, I'm posting :). It's good to have someone around that can kick your ass and still leave you with a smile on your face....oooh, perhaps another website is in order?

Reama said...

NWTLO-
Your life seems, to me, to be much like the books I read. Every time you write about something that has gone on in your life (your kid, how you read something in the morning with a cup-a-cocoa before work, anything really) I feel like I did when I read 'Message in a Bottle'. The book was far better than the movie. I can't explain it but thank you.
-Reama

KC said...

You are all so wonderful for humoring me ... And believe me, I know that I can be a major pain in the ass at times - or most of the time as some would say.

But seriously, and I'm about to queer you all out, we're all like this little blog family, leaving little notes and comments to be supportive, make each other laugh, or just say hey, I'm glad you're still breathing.

You guys are awesome ...

And Tex ... I thank you for one of the best compliments I've ever received.

Enough of this now, I need to go get myself a tissue.

Reama said...

Actually, that's the exact thing I said to Chloe whenever she puts someone's link on her blog and says 'Read for a good time'... or something like that.
It's great to be supported by people that don't know me...
Or do you know me better than my friends that don't read this here blog of mine?
Things I shall think about..
-Reama

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs