Without Help From Heloise

I'm sitting here with a towel wrapped around my head, and absolutely no interest in doing everything I'm supposed to do today, including but not limited to picking up around the house, combing the rat nest out of my hair and at some point driving into the city for a little Barnes & Noble Christmas gift certificate shopping. And when one considers - as I generally do now that I'm driving a new vehicle - the snow to road ratio outside, it's easier to make up reasons to stay inside rather than join the masses of ignorant, don't know well enough to slow down drivers out on the open road.

However I can be easily swayed to change my mind. Say for instance that Brenda were to call and say, "Stace ... You, me, shopping." I can guarantee I'd be out the door within five seconds flat, kicking the four wheel drive in gear and ignoring the fact that as usual, living out in the middle of nowhere like I do, the plows haven't bothered to beat a path down our little road. (Unlike last night when I was creeping along the shoulder to avoid being pushed off into the ditch as they hogged the road with their giant shovel.)

But as I look around the living room where I am typing, it's becoming appallingly apparent that regardless of my lack of liking for housework, I need to learn to loathe it a little less, at least for the next hour.

Which means that I'm grounding myself for the afternoon - Brenda, call me - to accomplish everything and anything that I should have done the entire week. That is unless my phone rings and someone comes up with a better plan ...

Toodles all, I'm about to get my clean on.

4 comments:

Amy S. Petrik said...

Stace...you, me, shopping! Oh wait. I live in South Dakota where there is lots and lots of snow and you live where? Oh yea, no where even remotely close. Bummer. Screw the housework. Leave it for Sunday! :) Time for a nap, inky

KC said...

We are so ON for tomorrow, as long as you agree to stop by an ear piercing place with KC and I, and maybe a short trip to Barnes & Nobles ... Or not so short trip ...

Hee haw'ing will have to be kept down to the bare minimum as I've given up drive by fruitings ...

Save me a cup of cocoa dammit! I've got to go burn dinner.

KC said...

One wrong turn and everyone thinks you did it on purpose ... How was I to know that one road went right by his house? What a conincidence!

Orbling said...

Hee'hawing; wrong turns; drive by fruitings....

Oh dear, I'm so lost....

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs