Pin the Tail On Who?

Other than a few well placed barbs sent in my direction yesterday - compliments of my older sister of course - I returned home from the family gathering slightly tired, slightly less hungry, and quite possibly slightly less sane, but for all intents and purposes unscathed as far as the eye could see ... This primarily due to a game of pin the tail on the donkey and a wonderful pink paper blindfold.

Spinning madly about in circles - alright only three times around, but the centrifugal motion was enough to make my stomach clench in protest - and using only my arms for guidance, I attempted to stick rather than pin the tail on the jackass. (Did I say jackass? I meant donkey.)

Gingerly taking a step forward, I ignored the wall completely, reaching out in the direction of my sister as I did so. She however had foreseen my oh so obvious movements and understood immediately what I was about, grabbing my hand as she muttered under her breath, "I may be a jackass but you're going in the wrong direction."

Smiling on the inside and most likely on the outside as well, I once again returned my attention to the wall, running my fingers over its contours until I felt the poster and the unmistakable bumps of other tails already in place. Taking a moment to choose my spot, I stuck the tail on only to realize as the blindfold was removed that I was not only off by a little, I was off more than a mile. (Ergo my lifelong ambition to be a professional Donkey Tail Pinner, snuffed itself out much like the candles of my nieces birthday cake as she made her wish. A wish she was more than proud to announce to anyone and all listening - although I think she was thinking in the terms of presents when she said, "Another birthday."

5 comments:

Orbling said...

I bet your sister runs a mile if people suggest pinata! LOL

Always best for the outside to reflect what's in, let your smiles out!

"Another birthday" is an excellent wish for anyone to make.

KC said...

Pinata? Don't even give me the idea ...

And who can argue with more birthdays? I celebrate mine twice a day.

:)

Anonymous said...

Dear Readers, My family trys to stay anyway from my sisters BS blogs, but we know that surly after every family gathering, Stacey has always some "hardship" story or issues. Let me tell you, my family is not all that bad, and most of us truely love each other. We are not the "perfect" family, but no matter what, we will always be there for one another. Unfortunatly, a family memeber thinks she is higher then others and quick to point fingers but wont look in her own back yard first. I have stood by and watched or listened to so much BS said and put on these blogs. Let's get real, no longer will i sit by as my sister hides behind a computer and quickly downs everyone else. Let her tell you about herself and who "Stacey" really is. And by the way sister of mine, i know you got some health ins. why dont you invest some in some therapy. Love always, your sister. PS BLOG THIS!!!!

KC said...

Your wish is my command. I believe you'll find today's post "Dirty Laundry" an honest response to your "blog this" request.

Much love.

Amy S. Petrik said...

YIKES. Are you sure her name isn't JANE? She's a robot clone of MY OWN SISTER. - AMY

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs