At the End of the Day

Such a quiet day at work today, you could have heard a pin drop. The phones weren't ringing, the fax machine was bare, and no one felt like doing any work today. Instead we all gathered - well my side of the hall gathered - into BM's office where we discussed everything from yesterday's reviews to Nick at Nite television programming, and Moe's really realistic Andy Rooney impersonation was a big hit as well.

Slug however was absent, and I have a feeling his review didn't go over quite so well. Not sure how that's going to pan out, but I'm hoping he pulls it together and gets himself grounded before the thaw moves us in full throttle again.

Truth be told, I enjoy our busy season. And it's a far cry better than having to wait for the snow to melt in order to leave the busy work behind and get back to the job.

About it for me for the night, I'm at the end of my tether for keeping my eyes open and staying awake. And since I don't want to fall asleep on the couch for a second night in a row, only to wake up at two in the morning to realize that "Ow. I've turned myself into a human pretzel," I think I'll play it smart and get to going while I still can.

Sweet dreams all.

3 comments:

Ron Simpson said...

play it smart ???

ya know .. the very fact that we are bloggers .. exposing our lives to the faceless masses .. revealing our sometimes very private moments .. points to the fact that we are not smart playing type individuals .. are you trying to give the rest of us a good name ??

Ron

KC said...

Hmmm ... Interesting question to ponder. But I think we (bloggers) are actually giving back the world the honesty it has sorely lacked for years.

And I for one, am all for it. So I guess I am trying to give us all a good name ...

Thoughts, comments, concerns, fruit roll ups?

Orbling said...

Well honesty is most certainly lacking in this world. You put back much more than the average.

A lot of logs seem a bit surreal though, so I take some people with a pinch of salt even on here.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs