Woops

A bit tired last night, and more so than I had initially thought. But then again, I guess waiting all day to be the last one reviewed by the firing squad had my nerves to the point of frazzled, that had I stuck my fingers into an electrical socket, they couldn't have been more frayed.

And speaking in my own defense, I was absolutely fine until my friend Jake (who was the first to be reviewed) sat in my office waiting for the come on in gesture while mentally - and in great detail - rambled on and away about whether this would be the year he'd get the axe. Thereby proving my point that gloom and doom can be contagious.

But it's hard to be only one person in a room of three others who get to decide whether or not they've liked your performance for the year and whether or not they'd like to reward you for it. And being last, well ... You kind of start wondering if they've saved the best for last or if they're just trying to limit the time it takes to pack up your personal belongings and march you out the door, all without creating too much of a drama scene.

As for me, I've come to the conclusion that I really DO like the new Vice President. Not only was he fair during the review, and even quite easy to talk to, but he paid me the highest compliment a girl like me always loves to get. He appreciated my sincerity and my honesty, and said that the (non-bullshit) way I went about asking for a higher increase, was a telling sign of my own personal integrity and my commitment to the company.

Hell ya, is all I have to say on that. I drove home with such a smile on my face that I didn't even bother to put on the highbeams. I was downright giddy, giggling and overjoyed that I stuck my courage to the sticking place. I am the official Shiz-net today.

2 comments:

KC said...

I've still got a smile as wide as Montana ...

And yes, it feels grrrr-reat!

Orbling said...

Well sincere and honest or not, seems to have done the trick! Well done!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs